Status (New/Update): Update
HUPO PSI Molecular Interaction Working Group (PSI-MI WG)
Chair (with affiliation and current email address):
Sandra Orchard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Co-Chairs (1 or 2) (with affiliation and current email address):
Sylvie Ricard-Blum (email@example.com)
Henning Hermjakob (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other officers (optional) (with affiliation and current email address):
Editor(s): Sylvie Ricard-Blum (email@example.com)
Minimal Reporting Requirements Coordinator(s): Sandra Orchard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ontology Coordinator(s): Pablo Porras (email@example.com)
Web site Maintainer(s): Vasundra Toure (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2.Description and objectives
Focus and Purpose
The PSI-MI working group is composed of academic, government, and industry researchers, software developers and database curators and managers. The main goals of the PSI-MI working group are to:
- define community data formats and associated controlled vocabulary terms, facilitating data exchange and archiving of molecular interaction data. Maintain data formats for the exchange of molecular interaction data, updating these when necessary in response to new data types
- Maintain the minimum information guidelines (MIMIx) for the exchange of molecular interaction data, updating these when necessary in response to new data types
- Maintain the PSI-MI controlled vocabularies updating these when necessary in response to new use cases
- Maintain the PSICQUIC webservice
- Support the work of interaction databases in making molecular interaction data publicly available
Current projects of the PSI-MI working group are:
- Formal adoption of the recently released PSI-MI XML3.0.
- Encouraging the adoption of the JAMI software library.
- Supporting the development of formats for causal reasoning (CausalTAB)
- Update of the PSICQUIC service
- Coordination of systematic curation/prediction of human interactome
Goal 1: Completion of CausalTAB format.
Milestone 1: Submission of manuscript to journal and DocProc.
Goal 2: Website update with improved layout, tool registry and updated GitHub links
Milestone 2: Release of updated website
Goal 3. Development of a prototype PSICQUIC2.0 service
Milestone 3: Release of a prototype PSICQUIC2.0 service for evaluation